Sunday 28 October 2012

My polish's home:)

I simply cannot take the owl nails off, so I don't have a new manicure to show you:) Instead I thought I'd show you my nail polish storage solution. 

This summer it became very clear that my polishes were now too many in number to be contained in the small plastic tub they had previously lived in. For a while I ummed and ahhed, and looked at other bloggers' solution, and looked at the Ikea website to see if they had anything appropriate.

Then, a lightbulb went off! Years ago, when I was 14 and the charts and my ears were filled with The Backstreet Boys, The Spice Girls and Madonna, and my heart was filled with love for Nick Carter (1998 for those of you who are too young to know), I started using polish for nail art. It drove my parents crazy, and eventually they took me to the local (newly opened!) Ikea to find something in which I could tidy my polishes away (and thus not leave them everywhere around the house, as was my teenage way!).

This bad boy was the solution (the tacky, eye watering royal blue and zebra print was added by moi, proving how odd my taste was in the 90's). 


I use the first draw for those little extras - striping tape (obvs), nail art pens, glitter pots, sequins, brushes and rhinestones.












The next draw contains polishes by Accessorize, Nails Inc and Barry M glitters. 


Then Models Own polishes (eep, that collection's grown overnight!)

Then my real addiction, the rest of my Barry M polishes!
Then all of my little 'others' - Rimmel, Maybelline etc. 

Lastly, the bottom draw contains more 'extras' such as sponges, remover, tape, cotton wool etc. Btw, see the CD case there? That contains the naffest, most horrid, tacky little silver stickers that I used for nail art in my teens. Goodness only knows what I was thinking! I found them in this box......talk about a blast from the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment