Wednesday 5 February 2014

Whittling down the untrieds - New Look Gold Giles Salute

It has occurred to me the other day that many of my untried have actually been tried once but didn't 'make the grade' - that is, something made me stop painting, take the polish off and use another one. This is certainly the case with today's polish, Salute by Gold Giles (sold in New Look). The application is dreadful - gloopy, sticky and smelly, with a drying time that makes it impossible to do anything for an hour. Oh, and it bubbles. Can't think why I haven't used it earlier......

It's a shame, as the colour is actually quite nice. Not great, but nice. It's a military style green, a sort of army green. But as you can see, despite waiting a while for each layer to dry, it still bubbled:(  

New-Look-Green-nail-polish-salute-nail-art

Given the green, I had to try this nail art out - camouflage! I added studs cos I was scared that my nails would just blend into the background otherwise lol. Thinking about it, gold studs would have been better, but still, I kind of like this manicure. I would try a darker brown if I did this again; for this I used Models Own Prey and an unnamed green also by New Look. Still, not bad.

New-Look-Green-nail-polish-salute-nail-artNew-Look-Green-nail-polish-salute-nail-art


New-Look-Green-nail-polish-salute-nail-art

I think I might have to try this design in neon - something is calling me to rock neon camouflage! 

New-Look-Green-nail-polish-salute-nail-art

No comments:

Post a Comment