Friday 2 August 2013

Unhappy nails

Hi guys,

Before you start reading this, be warned; this is a rant post; I am NOT a happy bunny.

As you may know, I'm off on an adventure packed holiday soon, and so I decided to treat myself to a gel manicure for several reasons; it would last the duration of the holiday, it would mean I wouldn't have to lug my nail stuff round with me and I wouldn't be worrying about chipping. Sooooooooooooooo, with high hopes and an excited, pre-holiday spring in my step, I headed round to my local salon for a manicure. So far so good.

The excited feeling began to fade when the woman dealing with me wanted to cut my cuticles - er, hello, NO! This really should have been the point when I left, but no, I'm British and I stayed.

She painted and painted, and the nail blogger/lover in me kept thinking, "I'm sure she'll tidy that smudge up, I'm sure she'll clean my cuticles up". But no. And so after 30 minutes, I left the salon, in tears, with the worst manicure EVER! The colour was patchy, the polish was bubbling, and the cuticles.............eurgh! Unbelievable. 

I know what you're thinking - pictures please. But no, there are no pictures, it was just too horrible, and also I didn't have my camera on me.

I was so angry, partly at myself for staying, I circled the block a few times, wiped the tears away and headed back. I informed the woman that I wasn't happy and  wanted her to remove it (and was incredibly polite, considering how furious I was) - she told me that if she'd been able to cut my cuticles it would have been ok. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Long story short; my cuticles are (please look away if you don't like swearing, because the only word appropriate to use here is) F*CKED and I know have dry, sad looking, naked nails. 

Rant over. 



4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that :( BUT she wanted to cut your cuticles!? what the hell! it's like common sense not to cut it! I hope you got your money back! Where the hell did she get her qualification >:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, I was sooooooooo angry! I can't even believe she has qualifications quite frankly, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! lol:)

      Delete
  2. Thats terrible and for you to be in tears after. You should complain and take it further. You should have come away feeling happy with beautiful nails. This girl has no idea what shes doing by the sounds of it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's terrible. I don't think I would have been so polite. But saying that I have never been to get my nails done. I trust no one but myself when it comes to my nails xx follow?

    ReplyDelete