Friday 1 November 2013

Barry M Special Edition (Boots) swatch - pic heavy!

Ahhhhh Barry M - you're too good to us; more special editions, whoop whoop! 

I've noticed a lot of companies are doing bar glitters now, so I've been keen to try these for a while. This is the Boots version, a lovely mix of gold and pale pink glitter bars in a clear base. I popped it over two different bases, one pale and one darker.

The first swatch is over Mod About You by O.P.I. It's a lovely pale pink, which I think works as a subtle base for the glitter.

Barry-M-Special-Edition-Boots-pink-gold-glitterBarry-M-Special-Edition-Boots-pink-gold-glitter


Barry-M-Special-Edition-Boots-pink-gold-glitter


 Yeah, I like this. 

But I LOVE this..................

Barry-M-Special-Edition-Boots-pink-gold-glitterBarry-M-Special-Edition-Boots-pink-gold-glitter

Barry-M-Special-Edition-Boots-pink-gold-glitter



Barry-M-Special-Edition-Boots-pink-gold-glitter

Ohhhhhhhh this is so much better over dark colours - it makes the gold pop and lets that pink stand out as well:) This is Barry M Blackberry, a colour I've fallen back in love with; perfect for autumn days. This manicure is so lovely that fiancee commented on them without even being asked! Unprecedented! 

As for the glitter? Well, it's a total pain in the ahem, but it is bar glitter, so we already knew that. It needs some serious spreading as it has a tendency to clump together, but a bit of gentle spreading solves that. And it's worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment