Sunday 3 November 2013

Flutter by butterfly!

Ahhhh, holidays - they're the best!

I've been on my holibobs this week and it's been great! I've caught up with friends, made cakes (photos below), snuggled my kitwits and generally rested. Bliss. 

My relaxed state has also led to me getting back in the mood for some nail art, which led to this creation. I've been wanting to try it for ages and finally had the time and inclination; they're not perfect, but I'm pretty chuffed with them. 

Butterfly-nail-art-Pink-Fever-Models-Own

Sadly, my impatience got the better of me, and as you can see, I applied topcoat before they had properly dried! Fail!


Butterfly-nail-art-Pink-Fever-Models-Own
Butterfly-nail-art-Pink-Fever-Models-Own




















The base colour is the gorgeous Pink Fever by Models Own, a pearlescent pink with a stunning blue shimmer. Lush. The art was done using my Models Own nail art pens. 

Randomly, whilst perusing Bloglovin this morning, I noticed that the lovely Laura at She Who Does Nails had also posted a stunning  Monarch butterfly manicure - check it out!

Oh, btw, the cakes I mentioned?


Mocha cupcakes, made using my Hummingbird Bakery cookbook. Nommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment