Tuesday 18 June 2013

My first attempt at Galaxy nails:)

I have been putting off trying galaxy nails for so long; I don't know why, but it just didn't look like it could be as easy as every person kept claiming it was.

So first thing; the technique is pretty easy. So I really should have tried this earlier. I simply painted my nails a dark colour (Models Own, In the Navy) and the applied the other polishes over the top using bits of kitchen paper towel. 


What is difficult is selecting the colours. It took ages to decide upon the ones to use, but here they are:)



 Left to right; Barry M White, Barry M Bright Pink, Topshop Plume, GOSH Galaxy, Models Own Hayleys Comet, Models Own In the Navy, Barry M Iridescent Pink. 

And here are my first attempts at galaxy nails:)

Galaxy-nails-blue-pink-white-gold-glitter-nail-artGalaxy-nails-blue-pink-white-gold-glitter-nail-art

Galaxy-nails-blue-pink-white-gold-glitter-nail-art
Galaxy-nails-blue-pink-white-gold-glitter-nail-art














I was super pleased by some of the apt names - I was tempted to try and use Topshop's Pluto to join Galaxy and Hayley's Comet simply because of the name, but it wouldn't fit in. Who new polish makers were such astronomy lovers though?

I'm not 100% pleased with my nails, but I am pleased that I've tried a new technique and that they are wearable. There are a few adjustments I'd make next time, my middle finger looks a but clunky, but overall - chuffed. And do give it a go yourself, I made a mountain out of a molehill on these, should have tried them earlier!


3 comments:

  1. These are so lovely! I'm the same with new techniques - I tried sugar spun nails for the first time today, and they weren't nearly as tricky as I thought they would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh, that's a techniques I really want to try, pleased to hear it's not as bad as I expected:)

      Delete
  2. Thank you, I'm really excited to try some purple based ones now, so many galaxies lol:)

    ReplyDelete