Thursday 3 January 2013

Max Factor Fantasy Fire Swatch - aka I have sooooo many untrieds!

Uh oh.

So, after realising that I has 12 purple polishes yesterday, I started wondering how many polishes I had altogether. Last time I checked it was 78. So now, it's a bit more than 78...................I found 150! Now, to many of you reading this, you're like "150, that's nothing!". But let me crunch some numbers.

I got bitten by the polish bug in July. At that point I had 11 Barry M polishes. Fast forward 7 months, I have 139 more polishes. Maths tells me that I'm currently purchasing polishes at a rate of roughly 19 polishes a month. Eeeeeeeeeeep. But there's more. Of the 150 polishes that I own, 40 of them are untried! 

So, like many other bloggers I've been reading, my slightly belated New Years resolution is to use my untried. I decided to start by indulging my current obsession with purple further. Enter, Max Factor Fantasy Fire. 

Max-Factor-Fantasy-Fire-Nail-Polish

Max-Factor-Fantasy-Fire-Nail-Polish

Max-Factor-Fantasy-Fire-Nail-Polish

Max-Factor-Fantasy-Fire-Nail-Polish

A totally gorgeous colour, love, love, love! How this has sat in my untrieds for so long I just do not know. The photos don't do justice to the deep reddish sparkles hidden within the purple, lifting this from another purple to, well, a fantasy purple. 

I must admit that it's staggeringly sheer, one blog I checked said that she's had to do 4 coats. Meh to 4 coats, I have a cat to cuddle, and she can't wait for 4 coats to dry! Thus I painted it over another untried (see what I did there, 2 untrieds in 1 post!), Deep Purple by GOSH. 

GOSH-Deep-Purple-Nail-Polish

GOSH-Deep-Purple-Nail-Polish

GOSH-Deep-Purple-Nail-Polish

This is actually a slightly warmer purple than the picture shows. It has a goegeous application, almost perfect on the first coat, totally perfect with two, and it's so gloooooooooossyyyyyyyyyy! The photos above are with no topcoat. 

However, it chips like you cannot believe! Colour vs practicality.............hmmmmmmmmm. Well let's put it this way, I can't be bothered with constantly repainting. I'm not sure this will stay in my collection. 


And this is to shame me into using my untried - 2 down, only 38 more to go:)

4 comments:

  1. "I have a cat to cuddle, and she can't wait for 4 coats to dry!" - I know this feeling oh so well, apart from I have 2 cats and 1 boyfriend all vying for my attention!

    I keep meaning to count how many polishes I have and put all my untrieds together. I have no idea how many polishes I have, I just know that I 'need' more :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - I know what you mean, despite this post I've still been looking at Etsy and deciding what polishes I'm going to buy when I get paid.....total addiction:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I just wanted to let you know I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can see it here :) http://justtalknails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks Kerry:) So kind, much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete