Wednesday 24 July 2013

Pastel chevrons

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what an awesome morning. A lazy get up, Marmite on toast and coffee in the garden, kitty cuddles, happiness:)

I not sure about you guys, but I have a definite summer/winter mindset when it comes to nail polish; I want bright, bright, bright or summery pastels in the sunshine, and darker, deeper polish in winter. This mani is a definite summer baby - glossy, lovely pastels:) Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Pastel-nail-art-chevrons-Barry-M-polish

Pastel-nail-art-chevrons-Barry-M-polish




Pastel-nail-art-chevrons-Barry-M-polish





















This isn't an original idea, but I can't remember where I saw it - doh! Anyhoo, this is my take on it, using my trusty Barry M pastels (Strawberry Ice Cream, Berry Ice Cream, Mint Green and Peach Melba) plus my favourite pastel ever, Adora-Bleu by Bourjois:) 

I used striping tape for the mani which resulted in a teeny mishap; the tape was blue and left a small stain on the lilac nail-grrrrrr! But I do love this; it's summer, but with an edge!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I always want to do stuff with striping tape but get bored of just adding a second colour - but I really like your addition of little dots - definitely makes it stand out!
    Also, the pastel colours are yummy.
    And also, I love that you love marmite toast. I just had some. Nom :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good pastel mani for summer. Recently bought some striping tape but haven't used it yet - I don't think I have the patience but this mani makes me want to give it a go. Emma.x
    StyleMouth

    ReplyDelete